Shieldkin Xtreme Cleanroom Gloves
Shieldskin Xtreme Cleanroom Gloves
“A REVOLUTION IN GLOVE TECHNOLOGY – FOR CRITICAL ENVIRONMENTS THAT NEED EXTRA PROTECTION”
SHIELD Scientific welcomes you to a new era of glove technology in the cleanroom. The SHIELDskin XTREME™ cleanroom glove range not only sets a new standard when it comes to “compliance, comfort and protection”, but in many ways strives to fulfil unmet customer needs.
As being different is very much at the forefront of the founding values of SHIELD Scientific, it should not come as a surprise that the SHIELDskin XTREME™ cleanroom gloves are branded very differently to many of our competitors. Whereas other glove manufacturers may wish to brand their gloves as ISO class 4 (Federal Standard 209E class 10) or ISO class 5 (Federal Standard 209E class 100), we challenge this paradigm and would ask how classifications for airborne particulates relate to gloves. In reality there are no internationally recognised specification limits that would determine whether a cleanroom glove is ISO class 4 or ISO class 5 compatible. Accordingly it is left to users to decide what is suitable for their process. With this in mind, SHIELDskin XTREME™ gloves are branded as follows:
|DI||Single washed in deionised water||
|DI+||Triple washed in deionised water||
|DI++||Washed several times in deionised water||
From this simple branding concept, the user can very clearly see that washing in de-ionised water provides the essential differentiation in terms of cleanliness properties.
Whilst process protection is typically the main concern, increasingly users are recognising that there is often an equal need for personal protection of employees from chemicals and biohazards. The responsibilities of the employer are outlined in the PPE at Work Directive 89/656/EEC which is the enshrined in local legislation throughout the European Union (EU). To address this need, all SHIELDskin XTREME™ gloves are registered according to the PPE Directive 89/686/EEC.
EXCELLENCE IN ASEPTIC PROCESSING and BIO CONTAMINATION CONTROL
For users of sterile gloves, the SHIELDskin XTREME™ gloves offer the highest level of bio contamination control. SHIELD Scientific products provide superior process and personal protection from liquid penetration by micro-organisms (EN 374-2:2014) and viruses (ISO 16604:2004 Procedure B and ASTM F1671-97b). Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) is a crucial parameter for determining barrier properties. An AQL of 0.65 according to EN 374-2:2014 Level 3 represents over 50% less defects than comparable sterile gloves on the market.
KEY STRENGTHS OF SHIELDskin XTREME™ GLOVES
- Brand signature: DI, DI+, DI++ & STERILE for contamination control.
- Cleanroom gloves for contamination control.
- Latex gloves and nitrile gloves.
- Non sterile and sterile gloves.
- Maximum comfort.
- Compliance with the latest European standards.
- Category III PPE gloves (Council Directive 89/686/EEC).
- Extra length from 300 mm to 600 mm (exceeds EN 420:2003 + A1:2009).
- Biosafety: AQL 0.65 or AQL 1.5 (EN 374-2:2014 Level 3 or Level 2).
- Virus resistant (ISO 16604:2004 procedure B and ASTM F1671-97b).
- Extensively tested for chemical permeation (EN 16523-1:2015 supersedes EN 374-3:2003).
- Reduced risk of allergies.
- Packaging designed to comply with cleanroom environments processes.